Every day, new betting platforms appear, as the accessibility and mobility of websites facilitate the process. However, there is such a problem as gambling addiction, and this problem is becoming more relevant. Gambling addiction is not a bad habit or hobby, not a weakness of character–it is a serious and insidious disease that is included in the International Classification of Diseases.
Like any other, this disease can affect a person regardless of gender, age, social status and intellectual abilities. Therefore, it is very important to play responsibly at the new Czech online casino 2023, which we will discuss in this article.
Understanding Responsible Gaming
In order to avoid becoming addicted to gambling, American scientists from the California Council on Problem Gambling suggest following certain recommendations.
- Decide in advance how much time and money you will spend on gambling.
- Play with the knowledge that you are more likely to lose than to win, so play for the amount you can afford to lose.
- Consider gambling as entertainment, not as a source of income.
- If you get a good win, be happy! But remind yourself that it will probably never happen again.
- Do not gamble when you are tired, bored, excited or angry.
- Regularly write down how much time and money you spent on gambling.
- Take your family and friends seriously. If they are concerned about your gambling, they may be seeing something that you are not.
- Play only with your own money.
Signs of Gambling Addiction
The most striking sign of gambling addiction is that a person feels that the only way to pay off debts is to continue gambling with ever higher stakes. Other signs of addiction are:
- The desire to increase bets.
- Irritation and anxiety arise when you need to stop playing.
- Unwillingness to tell the truth about how long gambling takes.
- The desire to win back and constant thinking about how to get money for the next game.
Tools and Strategies for Responsible Gaming
It can be emphasised that responsible gambling behaviour is key to reducing the risk of developing an online casino addiction. Players should understand their financial capabilities and only play for money they can afford to lose. It is also important to set a maximum number of hours to visit a casino and stick to this limit.
New gambling platforms promote responsible gambling. They provide the ability to set limits for gambling and the function of self-exclusion from the site. Therefore, in case of problems, it is worth using these functions.
Choosing Reputable New Online Casinos
Choosing certified gambling platforms managed by a valid licence is very important. Unlike illegal gambling establishments, licensed operators are required to register their players and adhere to responsible gambling principles. These principles include the early identification of players with addictions and assistance in the fight against gambling addiction. Therefore, preference platforms contribute to the fight against addiction.